TSPSC Pharmacist Grade 2 Exam Pattern Syllabus, TSPSC-04-2018 TSPSC Pharmacist recruitment, Practice Books, Old Papers, Syllabus. Exam Pattern and Solution.
Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC) is going to recruit candidates for Pharmacist Grade 2.
Here you can find the syllabus for the exam that will be conducted for the recruitment of above said post.
- Designation: Pharmacist Grade 2
- Total Posts: 238 posts.
- The final selection of these posts will be based on 70 weightage (points) in written examination and 30 weightage (points) for the Govt. Service (experience) put together.
- Paper – I: General Abilities
- No. of Questions: 50
- Duration: 50 Minutes
- Maximum Marks: 50
- Language: Bilingual i.e., English and Telugu
- Paper – II: Pharmacy (Diploma Level)
- No. of Questions: 100
- Duration: 100 Minutes
- Maximum Marks: 100
- Language: English
- Total Marks: 150
Paper I: General Studies And General Abilities:
- Current affairs – Regional, National and International.
- Society, Heritage and Culture, Polity, Economy, Human Development Indices and the Development Programmes in India and Telangana
- Natural Resources in India and Telangana: their distribution, exploitation, conservation and related issues.
- Basic concepts of Ecology and Environment and their impact on health and economy; Disasters and Disaster management.
- Impact of changing demographic trends on health, environment and society.
- Agriculture, Industry, Trade, Transportation and Service sectors in India and Telangana.
- Food adulteration, Food processing, food distribution, food storage and their relevance to public health.
- Recent trends in Science and Technology.
- Telangana Statehood movement and formation of Telangana State.
- Moral values and Professional ethics.
- Logical Reasoning: Analytical Ability and Data Interpretation.
Paper II: Pharmacy (Diploma Level) Unit I:
- Introduction to Pharmacopoeias with special reference to the IP.
- Packaging of pharmaceuticals (Containers and Closures) – Glass, Plastics and Rubber. Introduction to aerosol packaging.
- Unit Operations: Size reduction, Size separation, Mixing & Homogenization, Evaporation, Distillation, Drying, Filtration, Extraction and Sterilization
- Prescription- Prescriptions, Latin terms and Incompatibilities in prescriptions (Physical, Chemical and Therapeutic).
- Metrology & Posology- Calculations of doses on the basis of age, sex, surface area. Percentage calculations, Proof spirit, Allegation method, Isotonic solutions and Displacement value
- Manufacturing and evaluation various dosage forms: Tablets, Capsules, Suppositories, Emulsions, Suspensions, Lotions, Ointment, Cream and Pastes. Parenterals and Ophthalmic products.
- Study of Immunity & Immunological products like sera, vaccines, toxoids & their preparations.
- Anatomy and Physiology of – Skeletal System, Cardiovascular System, Haemopoietic system, Respiratory system, Urinary System, Muscular System, Central Nervous System, Automatic Nervous System, Sensory Organs, Digestive System, Endocrine System and Reproductive system
- Concept of health, Concept of disease, Natural history of diseases, the disease agents and Concept of prevention of diseases
- Nutrition and health: Classification of foods, requirements, diseases induced due to deficiency of proteins, vitamins and minerals-treatment and prevention.
- Demography and family planning: Demography cycle, fertility, family planning methods
- First aid: Emergency treatment in shock, snake-bite, burns, heart disease, fractures and resuscitation methods, Elements of minor surgery and dressings.
- Fundamental principles of microbiology: Microbes, isolation & staining techniques
- Communicable diseases: Causative agents, mode of transmission and prevention of chicken pox, measles, influenza, diphtheria, whooping cough, tuberculosis, poliomyelitis, Hepatitis, cholera, Typhoid, food poisoning, Hookworm infection, plague, Malaria, filariases, Rabies, Tranchoma, Tetanus, Leprosy, Syphilis, Gonorrhoea, AIDS.
- Medicinal and Pharmaceutical uses of following class of Inorganic Compounds: Acidifying agents, Antacids, Protective and Adsorbents, Antimicrobials, Astringents, Dental Products, Respiratory stimulants, Expectorants & Emetics, Antidotes, Eectrolytes.
- Inorganic official compounds of Iron, Iodine, Calcium, Ferrous Sulphate and Calcium Gluconate.
- Radio pharmaceuticals and contrast media- Radio activity, Radio isotopes and Radio opaque contrast media (Barium sulfate)
- Limit tests for Arsenic, Chloride, Sulfate, Iron and Heavy metals
- The chemistry of following class of Pharmaceutical Organic CompoundsAntiseptics and Disinfectants, Sulphonamides, Antileprotic Drugs, Anti-tubercular Drugs, Antiamoebic & Anthelmintic Drugs, Antibiotics, Antifungal agents, Antimalarials, Tranquilizers, Hypnotics & sedatives, General Anaesthetics, Antidepressants, Analeptics, Adrenergics, Adrenergic antagonist, Cholinergics, Cholinergic Antagonists, Diuretics, Cardiovascular Drugs, Hypoglycemie Agents, Coagulants and Anti coagulants, Local Anaesthetics, Histamine and anti Histaminic Agents, Analgesics and Anti-pyretics, NSAIDS, Thyroxine and Antithyroids, 16 Anticonvulsants, Cardiac glycosides, Antiarrhythmic, Antihypertensives, Vitamins, Steroids, & AntiNeoplastic Drugs
- Sources of drugs, Routes of administration of drugs, Various processes of absorption, metabolism, distribution and excretion of drugs. General mechanism of drug action and drug interactions.
- Pharmacology of following class of drugs: General anaesthetics, Analgesics, antipyretics and NSAIDS, Narcotic analgesics, Antirheumatic, Sedatives & Hypnotics, antipsychotics, anticonvulsants, analeptics, Muscle relaxants, anti parkinsonism agents, Local anesthetics, Cholinergic drugs, Anticholinergic drugs, Adrenergic drugs and Adrenergic antagonists, Mydriatics, Respiratory stimulants, Bronchodilators, Nasal decongestants, Expectorants and Antitussive agents, Autocoids, Cardiotonics, Antiarrhythmic agents, Anti-anginal agents, Antihypertensive agents, peripheral Vasodilators
- Pharmacology of following class of drugs:
Haematinics, coagulants and anticoagulants, Haemostatics, Blood substitutes and plasma expanders, Diuretics and anti-diuretics, Hypoglycemic agents, Antithyroid drugs, sex hormones and oral contraceptives , corticosteroids, Anti ulcer agents, Antidiarrohoeals, Emetics, Anti-emetics, Antispasmodics. Urinary antiseptics, sulphonamides, penicillin, streptomycin, Tetracyclines and other antibiotics. Antitubercular agents, Antifungal agents, antiviral drugs, anti-leprotic drugs, Anthelmintic drugs, Chemotherapy of cancer.
- Organization, Management and Functions of Hospital, Hospital Pharmacy Location, Layout, Flow chart of materials and men. Drug Distribution system in Hospitals for out-patients and inpatients. P.T.C. (Pharmacy Therapeutic Committee), Hospital Formulary system and their organization, functioning, composition. Drug Information service and Drug Information Bulletin. Surgical dressing like cotton, gauze, bandages and adhesive tapes including their pharmacopoeial tests.
- Disease, manifestation and patho-physiology of Tuberculosis, Hepatitis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Cardio-vascular diseases, Epilepsy, Diabetes, Peptic Ulcer, Hypertension.
- Adverse Drug Reactions.
- Introduction, general treatment of poisoning, systemic antidotes
- Symptoms and treatment of- Organophosphorous, heavy metal, Opoid, Barbiturate, atropine and paracetamol poisoning.
- Drug dependences, drug abuse, addictive drugs and their treatment, complications.
- Adulteration and drug evaluation, significance of pharmacopoeial standards.
- Identification tests, therapeutic effects and pharmaceutical application of alkaloids, terpenoids, glycosides, volatile oils, tannins and resins.
- Occurrence, distribution, organoleptic evaluation, chemical constituents including tests of following categories of drugs- Laxatives, Cardiotonics, Carminatives & G.I. regulators, Astringents, Drugs acting on nervous system, Antihypertensive, Antitussives, Antitumour, Antileprotics, Antidiabetics, Diuretics, Antidysenterics, Antiseptics and disinfectants, Antimalarials, Oxytocics, Vitamins, Enzymes, Perfumes and flavoring agents.
- Pharmaceutical aids-Honey, Arachis oil, Starch, Kaolin, Pectin, Olive oil. Lanolin, Beeswax, Acacia, Tragacanth, Sodium Alginate, Agar, Guar gum, Gelatin.
- Miscellaneous- Liquorice, Garlic, picrorhiza, Dirscorea, Linseed, shatavari, shankhpushpi, pyrethrum, Tobacco.
- Study of source, preparation and identification of fibers used in sutures and surgical dressings-cotton, silk, wool and regenerated fibers.
- Classification, Qualitative tests, Biological value, Deficiency and diseases related to metabolism of Carbohydrates, Proteins and Lipids
- Vitamins: Brief chemistry and role of vitamins, enzymes, coenzymes and minerals.
- Therapeutics: Introduction to pathology of blood and urine. Lymphocytes and platelets, their role in health and disease. Erythrocytes-Abnormal cells and their significance. Abnormal constituents of urine and their significance in diseases.
- Pharmacy Act 1948- Registration procedures under the Act.
- The Drugs and Cosmetics Act 1940- Drugs and cosmetics Act and the Rules, Composition and functions of statutory bodies. Facilities to be provided for running a pharmacy effectively and General Study of Schedules.
- Narcotic Drugs and psychotropic substances Act, 1985-A brief study of the act with special reference to its objectives, procurement and utilization of dosage forms, offences and punishment.
- Brief introduction to the study of the following acts:
- Latest Drugs (price control) order in force.
- Poisons Act 1919(as amended to date)
- Medicinal and Toilet preparations (excise Duties) Act, 1955 (as amended to date).
- Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act, 1971(as amended to date).
Stay connected with careerplace.in for more updates on Government Jobs and Recruitments.