TSPSC Hostel Welfare Officer Exam Pattern Syllabus, TSPSC-08-2018 / 07-2018 / 06-2018 TSPSC HWO recruitment, Practice Books, Old Papers, Syllabus. Exam Pattern and Solution.
Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC) is going to recruit candidates forHostel Welfare Officer.
Here you can find the syllabus for the exam that will be conducted for the recruitment of above said post.
[quads id=”2″]- - - - - -
- Designation:Hostel Welfare Officer
- Advt. Code: 06/2018, 07/2018, 08/2018
- Paper – I: General Abilities- No. of Questions: 150
- Duration:150 Minutes
- Maximum Marks:150
- Language: Bilingual i.e., English and Telugu
- Paper – II: Education (Diploma in Education Level)- No. of Questions:150
- Duration:150 Minutes
- Maximum Marks:150
- Language: English
- Total Marks: 300
Paper I: General Studies And General Abilities:
- Current affairs – Regional, National and International.
- International Relations and Events.
- General Science; India’s achievements in Science and Technology
- Environmental issues and Disaster Management
- Economy of India and Telangana
- Geography of India with a focus on Telangana.
- Indian Constitution and Polity with a focus on local self Government. Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Telangana.
- Policies of Telangana State.
- History of Modern India with a focus on Indian National Movement.
- History of Telangana with special emphasis on Movement for Telangana Statehood.
- Logical Reasoning, Analytical Ability and Data Interpretation
- Basic English
Paper II: Education (Diploma in Education Level)
- Foundations of Education- Philosophical and Sociological Foundations of Education– Nature and Scope of Philosophy of Education and Sociology of Education, Schools of Philosophy:Idealism; Naturalism; Pragmatism; Realism; Existentialism, Modern Indian Philosphers: Gandhi; Tagore; Sri Aurobindo; Vivekananda; Jiddu Krishnamurthi.
- Society and Education– Socialisation and Education, Social change and Education, Culture and Education, Modernisation and Education, Equality of Educational opportunities; Education of Weaker Sections.
- Educational Psychology- Introduction– Relationship between Education and Psychology, Nature and Scope of Educational Psychology, Methods of Educational Psychology.
- Growth and Development-Principles of Growth and Development, Stages of Development-Infancy, Childhood, Child Development, Physical, Mental, Social and Emotional Development, Adolescence and Adolescence Behaviour, Educational Implications of Growth and Development.
- Learning– Nature of Learning, Theories of Learning (Behavioural, Cognitive and Social) and their relevance to classroom teaching, Learning and Motivation; Various theories of motivation (intrinsic and extrinsic), and their applications for classroom teaching.
- Personality and Individual difference– Meaning and significance of the study of individual differences, Inter and intra Individual difference and its assessment, Concept of Personality and its assessment(Projective and Non-Projective Methods)
- Special Education– Understanding and helping learners with special needs – poor achievers, under achievers, low-level of intellectual functioning, giftedness and creativity, Need and significance of Guidance and Counseling in schools.
- Educational Statistics- Descriptive Statistics- Measures of Central tendency, Measures of Variability, Normal Probability Distribution, Skewness and Kurtosis Correlational Techniques and Inferential Statistics- Concept and Standard Error, Concept and Types of Correlation, Karl Pearson’s Product Moment Correlation Coefficient, Spearman’s Rank Order Correlation Coefficient
- Trends in Education- Universalisation of Education: Significance, constitutional guarantees and problems, involved in implementing. Wastage and Stagnation in Education-Meaning, causes, problems and remedial measures. Adult Education and Functional Literacy Meaning, scope, problems involved and strategies for remedial action. Non-Formal Education contemporary significance, problems, methodology, Motivational aspect and implementation.
- School and Community Relationships: Need and importance, ways of bringing their together, making use of community resources persons, some practical strategist facilitate appropriate relationships. Medium of Instruction-Problem, Language in India, three-language formula, its implications and difficulties in implementing. Family life and population Education-the problem, objectives at Secondary level creating awareness, difficulties in implementing, strategies to spread right type of family life and population education.
- Moral Education: meaning and scope, approaches to Moral Education, Difference between Moral and Religious Education, Practical Work. National and Emotional integration: meaning, nature, problems, implementation. Celebrating National days and role of schools and teachers. International understanding, education for peace, disarmament and co- existence, meaning, nature, significance, developing a broader perspective in the mind students. Education of the socially and culturally disadvantagedMeaning-Significance problems, equality of opportunity and strategies to implement meaningful programmes.
- Lifelong Education: meaning, need and scope, approach and role of teachers. Teacher Education-pre-service and in-service-Professional Organisations teachers. Vocational Education and Vocationalisation of Education. Quality of Primary EducationMinimum level of Learning Approach. Recommendations of various Education Commissions and Committees in India.
Stay connected with careerplace.in for more updates on Government Jobs and Recruitments.