*GPSC Principal of Mountaineering Institute, Mount Abu, Class-I, Syllabus, Advt No. 126/2018-19) Principal of Mountaineering Institute, Mount Abu, Class-I ** Part 1 and *Part 2 Exam Pattern & Syllabus Notification. Preliminary Test and Mains Exam Syllabus.
Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC) has published the syllabus for the written exam to be conducted for the Post of Principal of Mountaineering Institute, Mount Abu, Class-I
### Post Details:
- Designation: Principal of Mountaineering Institute, Mount Abu, Class-I
- Advt. No: (126/2018-19)
Part 1 Syllabus (Total Marks- 100):
- Geography of Gujarat-Physical, Economic, Social, Natural Resources and population-related topics
- The cultural heritage of Gujarat -Literature, Art, Religion, and Architecture
- History of India with special reference to Gujarat
- Indian Economy and Planning
- Indian Polity and the Constitution of India: - Preamble
- Fundamental Rights and Fundamental Duties
- Directive Principles of State Policy
- Composition of Parliament
- Powers of the President of India
- Powers of Governors
- Election Commission of India
- Provisions for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and backward classes of the
- Attorney General
- Comptroller and Editor General (CAG)
- Panchayati Raj Institutions
- Finance Commission
- Constitutional and Statutory Bodies: Election Commission of India, Union Public Service Commission, State Public Service Commission, Comptroller and Auditor General; Central Vigilance Commission, Lokpal, and Lokayukta, Central Information Commission
- General Mental Ability
- General Science, Environment and Information & Communication Technology
- Daily events of Regional, National and International Importance including Sports
Part 2 Syllabus (English, Total Marks- 200):
- BASIC MOUNTAINEERING
History of Indian Mountaineering, Map Reading, Navigation, Mountain
Weather, Mountain Health, Mountain Hygiene, Principles of Rock
Climbing, Basic Techniques of Movement on Rock, Snow, and Ice, Rock
Terminology, Rock Craft Techniques, Snow Craft and Ice Craft
Techniques, conservation of the Himalayan environment.
- ** MOUNTAINEERING TERMINOLOGY**
Acclimatization, Acrete, Avalanche, Anchor, Belay, Bergschrund,
Buttress, Cairn, Chimney, Chockstone, Col, Cornice, Crevasse, Free
Climbing, Fixed Rope, Gendarme, Glacier, Gully, Hanging Glacier, Hold,
Ledge, moraine, Overhang, Pitch, Rappelling, Rib, Scree, Serac, Slab,
Snow Line, Snout, Tran, Traverse, Verglas, Wall, White Out, Wind Chill,
- MOUNTAINEERING EQUIPMENT
Helmet, Harness, Boot Multipurpose, Rock climbing Boots, Rope
Climbing, Rope Rappelling, Sling, Carabiners, Rock Pitons, Rock
Hammer, Chock Nuts, Spring-loaded Camming Devices, Jumar,
Descender, Pulleys, Crampons, Ice-Axe, Ice-pitons, Ice-Hammer,
Deadman Anchor, Snow Shovel, Equipment to be Carried While
Operating In Mountains, Various types of knots used in Mountaineering.
- .** ANCHORS**
Introduction to Anchors, Types of Anchors, Natural Anchors: Trees,
Boulders, Chockstones, Rock Projections, Bushes and Shrubs, etc.
Artificial Anchors: Deadman, Pitons, Chock Nuts, and Spring Loaded
camming Devices, Applications of anchors.
Page 4 of 5
Introduction and Need of Shelters, Types of Shelters, Standard Shelters,
Improvised Shelters: Shelters Built with Branches, single lean-to, Double
lean-to, Wigwam, Shelters Built with Snow, Igloo, Emergency Igloo,
Snow Cave, Lapp Shaft, Snow Pit, Tree Pit Shelter, Shelter Made with
Sangar, Natural Caves, Bivouac, Dhok, etc,
- ** AVALANCHES AND ITS RESCUE**
Introduction to Avalanches, Types of Avalanches, Loose Snow
Avalanches: Dry Snow Avalanches, Wet Snow Avalanches etc., Packed
Snow Avalanches, Combination Avalanches, Factor Aiding Avalanche
Formation: Weather, Rainfall, Snowfall, Wind Speed and Direction,
Temperature, Clouds, Visibility, Snow Conditions, Fresh Snow, Snow
Temperature etc., Situations Preceding Avalanches, Triggers.
Avalanches Rescue: Precautions, Selection of Routes, Avalanche Slope
Crossing Drill, Actions Carried out when caught in Avalanches, Avalanche
Rescue Drill, Searching Victim Using Avalanche Victim Detector.
Avalanche Victim Detector: Introduction, Modes of AVD, Technical
Avalanche Rescue Team and Equipment: Need For Avalanche Rescue
The team, Organization of Avalanche Rescue Team, Individual equipment
carried by Avalanche Rescue Team: Rucksack, Carry Mat, Jacket Gortex,
Special Socks, Trouser Gortex, Water Poncho, Cap Balaclava, Hand
Gloves, Head Lamp, Gaiters, Snow Goggles, Face Mask, Ice Axe,
Crampons, Snow Shovel, Avalanche Victim Detector, Avalung, Avalung
Cord etc., equipment carried by Avalanche Rescue Team as team load.
- STREAM CROSSING
Site Selection for stream crossing, Preparation for stream Crossing,
Methods of Stream Crossing: Wading, Chain Method of Crossing, Single
Log Bridge and Double log Bridge, Single Rope Bridge, Double Rope
Bridge, Tarzan Swing etc.
Page 5 of 5
- ** COLD INJURIES**
Common Problems of High Altitude, Hypothermia, Frostbite, Chilblains,
Snow Blindness, Sunburn, High Altitude Pulmonary Oedema, etc. and their
Signs and Symptoms, Risk Factors, first aid treatment, and prevention.
- ** MOUNTAIN HAZARDS**
Introduction to Mountain Hazard, Cause of Mountain Hazards, Types of
Mountain Hazard, Subjective Hazards: Falling, Camp Site, Equipment
etc., Objective Hazards: Snow Group Hazard, Weather Hazards, Rock
Hazards, and Health Hazards, etc.
- EMERGENCY FIRST AID AND CPR
Introduction and Need of Emergency First Aid, Care for Bleeding, Shock,
Sprains, Strains, Dislocations and Fractures, Poisoning, etc.,
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, Universal Precautions.
- Do’s and Don’ts in Mountains, Snow Bound Areas and Glaciated
Terrain during Acclimatisation, Camping, Physical Fitness and when
Caught in Storm.
- . Physical Geography of Himalayas and Indian Subcontinent
- Impact of Tourism/Mountaineering/Trekking on Environment.
- Legal Framework in Relevant Field.
- Current Trends and Recent Advancements in the field of
- Stay connected with careerplace.in and subscribe to our email newsletter to get latest updates on Government jobs and Recruitments